There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

ProjectSAM Swing and Symphobia series 50% off

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

ProjectSAM Swing and Symphobia series 50% off

Post by Guy Rowland »

ProjectSAM's turn to get the NI 50% off treatment, good for 2 weeks:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... ffer-2019/

There's also updates for both Swing releases - fixes, tweaks and a new sax chords instrument for Swing More. Note that these updates require Kontakt 6.1.

FriFlo

Re: ProjectSAM Swing and Symphobia series 50% off

Post by FriFlo »

Hmmm ... I recently bought OT Glory Days and haven't even used it till today ... do I need this? ;-) Is there any excuse you can give me?

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

I don't have Glory Days, mostly because I have the Swing series! I honestly couldn't tell you the relative strengths and weaknesses of each, FriFlo, but if you haven't used Glory Days because you don't do the big bang thing much, the Swing Set (ha) doesn't make too much sense, does it?

But you never know when you're going to find the gaps. Someone asked me the other day what library would be best for a David Rose 'The Stripper" type thing, and the only library I have that could even attempt it would be Broadway Big Band. I just don't have anything else that has those growly wah trumpets.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

You have Sample Modeling’s “The Trumpet”, don’t you Guy?
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Lawrence wrote: Jul 08, 2019 7:51 pm You have Sample Modeling’s “The Trumpet”, don’t you Guy?
Actually I don’t, but I know I should. Indefensible behaviour - I seem to be permanently waiting for a sale from a company that never does them. Quite delusional.

wst3

Post by wst3 »

I do not have any of the SM instruments, I do have Glory Days, Swing! and Swing More!, and CH Horns (I need help!)

I am crushed this morning, but will provide my thoughts on the differences between the three, but the short answer is the Project Sam libraries are really well done, and I don't regret paying full price for them.

Aside - lately I have gotten my nose out of joint about a couple of these deals... not a lot, but it stings a little. Not this time... well, ok, maybe a tiny little bit this time.

byzantium

Post by byzantium »

Commiserations Bill! I must say Glory Days completely passed by my radar, I would be interested in your thoughts of Swing More vs Glory Days.

Quasar

Post by Quasar »

Guy Rowland wrote: Jul 09, 2019 2:21 am
Lawrence wrote: Jul 08, 2019 7:51 pm You have Sample Modeling’s “The Trumpet”, don’t you Guy?
Actually I don’t, but I know I should. Indefensible behaviour - I seem to be permanently waiting for a sale from a company that never does them. Quite delusional.
Haha... I'm essentially done collecting VIs except for a desire to get very high quality non-orchestral (jazz/pop/rock) solo brass and saxophones, and the SM/AM demo videos blow me away.. It is quite true that Samplemodeling literally does not have sales, but Audio Modeling does have them once in a while, and they are working on a SWAM brass set. These were originally supposed to be available this spring, but it's been pushed back to the end of the year...

...Of course everyone here would know that such timelines are entirely unreliable, but I have hope that AM might have a SWAM brass set available with an intro price in conjunction with holiday season sales or something. In the meantime, I wish to parse out the differences between Swing & Swing More, as I cannot get both but may be able to pull off one of them on the current sale. The only PS library I have is Symphobia 1 and it's fantastic.