There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

ProjectSAM: new pricing and Pandora release date

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

ProjectSAM: new pricing and Pandora release date

Post by Guy Rowland »

New permanent pricing on the Symphobia and Essentials series:

Symphobia 1: €299 / $329
Symphobia 2: €299 / $329
Symphobia 3: €399 / $439
Symphobia Colours Animator: €99 / $109
Symphobia Colours Orchestrator: €99 / $109
Orchestral Essentials 1: €199 / $219
Orchestral Essentials 2: €199 / $219

Symphobia 4: Pandora will be released on November 11th. No other new info on this yet.

On the price reductions, I paid I think £1k for Symphobia 1, and I leaned on it heavily for a series I was scoring then. It has paid for itself many times over. Today's market however is quite different... then it was sort of the only game in town for this sort library, and had a killer sound. Today it still is fantastic, but there are many more good options. In other words, I have no issue at all with the continuing price drops.

stonzthro

Re: ProjectSAM: new pricing and Pandora release date

Post by stonzthro »

I have never regretted a ProjectSAM purchase - I've gotten more use out of some libraries and less from others, but never a regret. The price reductions are fantastic for those looking to get into the ProjectSAM sound. Looking forward to what Pandora has to offer!

wst3

Post by wst3 »

I too have no concerns about the new pricing. I've gotten quite a bit of use from their libraries, and I have several of them. There is something about their sound - it is just plain lovely!

Pandora - still want to know what they are up with that one<G>!

Mikeybabes

Post by Mikeybabes »

I don't know about you chaps, but I'm looking forward to the Guy Rowland Walkthrough Extravaganza for Symphobia 4. I do hope you will be doing one.

A new symphobia library without a Guy Rowland walkthrough would be like Eurovision without Terry Wogan. (He really should have his own show.)

I've got all the Symphobias, and the original Symphobia was my first 'proper' library. Still use them all the time, for me, one of the best libraries I've ever bought.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Well Mikeybabes, I know as much as you - ie nothing! I'll be honest... I have no idea really where I think the Symphobia series should go at this point. Move into single instruments? Might be lovely, but wouldn't that be jumping the Symphobic shark? Similar thought with chamber-sized. Lumina felt like the missing part of the series, a focus away from horror / action / epic. They covered mystery, fantasy, comedy, all areas that they hadn't strayed into before. The Swing series covers jazz, big band. What genre skew could they do? More of everything? Perhaps go down the massive epic rabbit hole?

I've never asked them for an NFR and never will. If they offer me a NFR then that's lovely of course, but I never expect it. The whole thing has got out of hand really, they asked me if I'd do Lumina just cos I'd kept on at them to get a copy to someone like Daniel James or something. I was totally wrongfooted, and have been bumbling about ever since, demonstrably not knowing what I'm doing wearing boxing gloves at the keyboard. Anyway, if they don't send me one I'll treat this no different to any other library, I'll buy it if I feel I have a need for it of course, and if I do I'd be morally obliged to review it no different to the others.

lofi

Post by lofi »

Re Epic rabbits.
Can it be more epic than the two first instalments?

I’m hoping for less/smaller sizes sections.

Best,
/Anders

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Re Pandors... ya know, I totally forgot they already released this...

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

This screenshot gives a pretty broad clue as to the scope of the library - effects and percussion, looks like.

There's a few more details embedded in the images here - https://projectsam.com/s4pandora-news/

NoamL

Post by NoamL »

This is great unexpected news! One composer I work for uses S1 all the time for low brass stuff and it was on my buy list eventually. Nice to see a permanent price reduction. I'll wait until Black Friday just to see if they'll offer some kind of bundle with Pandora which also sounds great.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Here's a video demo of their Adaptive Sync feature.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

These cluster pulses look and sound very nicely implemented:

Geoff Grace

Post by Geoff Grace »

String risers:

Best,

Geoff

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

...and the full preset list is now up online: https://projectsam-public.s3.eu-central ... +1.0.5.pdf

Vincent at ProjectSAM did in fact get in touch, so I have some YouTube walkthroughs ready to go once the product is released. I don't know what the pricing is though.

bryla

Post by bryla »

Awesome!! Can't wait for your walkthrough
Thomas Bryla

Geoff Grace

Post by Geoff Grace »

That's great to hear, Guy! I'm also very much looking forward to your walkthroughs.

Best,

Geoff

Geoff Grace

Post by Geoff Grace »

Combos:

Best,

Geoff