There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

LiquidSonics Cinematic Rooms

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Tanuj Tiku

LiquidSonics Cinematic Rooms

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

Cinematic rooms.JPG
Simply Powerful Reverb

LiquidSonics has established an enviable reputation for making some of the best sounding reproductions of classic stereo hardware reverbs.

But when we were challenged by industry-leading composers, mixers and post-production engineers to create something special for those working in modern surround formats we knew we had to make a reverb from the ground up. They told us their needs:

Create a room reverb with best-in-class sound.
Provide innovative, creative tools for use in complex surround mixes.
Make it simple and intuitive enough for lightning-fast workflows.
We worked with some of the best in the business to make sure we got it just right – including Alan Meyerson, Marti Humphry, Steve Genewick, Scott Michael Smith, and many more industry professionals to make sure we were ticking all the boxes.

Cinematic Rooms is a reverb dedicated to the intense acoustic demands of surround room simulation. Deep yet accessible; advanced surround workflow tools allow you to design intricate acoustic spaces of incredible purity with simplicity. Available in two editions, both support channel formats from stereo up to 7.1.6 for use with the latest Atmos bed workflows.

https://www.liquidsonics.com/software/cinematic-rooms/

Topic author
Tanuj Tiku

Re: Liquid Sonics Cinematic Rooms

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

Yet another reverb or is it?

I downloaded the demo and did some quick tests and I have to say that it sounds wonderful! Sounds like a modern reverb with a great sound. I tried to compare it to Seventh Heaven and the only thing I can say for now is that it 'feels', a bit more 3-D, for lack of better words.

Though, it has tremendous surround features, I think the basic version could be a great addition. I am quite impressed with the sound.

Here are two short and rough demos I made:

* Piano & Strings - Dry
* Piano & Strings - Wet

* Percussion - Dry
*Percussion - Wet

Jack Weaver

Re: LiquidSonics Cinematic Rooms

Post by Jack Weaver »

Tanuj,

It does sound good.
Which version were you using?
Was it a factory preset?

Thanks

Topic author
Tanuj Tiku

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

Jack Weaver wrote: Jun 01, 2020 7:33 pm Tanuj,

It does sound good.
Which version were you using?
Was it a factory preset?

Thanks

Hey Jack,

For the piano, I am using the default patch as you load the plugin - I think, it's The Amethyst Hall and for strings, I used the Bowed Hall.

I did not touch a thing on those presets. I am using the basic version, not professional.

riffwraith

Post by riffwraith »

That sounds ok, but not to the point of wanting to try it.

On the other hand, that perc was really good! What was it, please?

Jack Weaver

Post by Jack Weaver »

Tanuj Tiku wrote: Jun 01, 2020 7:40 pm Hey Jack,

For the piano, I am using the default patch as you load the plugin - I think, it's The Amethyst Hall and for strings, I used the Bowed Hall.

I did not touch a thing on those presets. I am using the basic version, not professional.
Thanks Tanuj,

I think these examples sound as good as any software reverb I've heard. They are transparent and kind to the original signal. Not overbearing or synthetic. They enhance the sound, not overcome it with wetness. Very modern. The Amethyst Hall and Bowed Hall have completely different signatures from each other. The setting for Perc handled it without overloading it - leaving enough room for the perc itself to be heard cleanly.

This certainly blows away any Exponential I own or have heard to date. There are things I like about it more than my Bricastis.

Of course, I haven't had the opportunity to download it and try it for my self. I might have a totally different opinion once I've done that. But nonetheless, I am impressed....

I might try the Pro version and fold the surround returns into stereo to see what trouble I can get into.

Sonically it seems light enough to enhance the new, multimic libraries like BBC, HZ Strings or JXL Brass without blurring the original signal. Who knows, just maybe I've found a reverb that will actually work with CSS. But that might be too much to hope for.

I wonder how much processing power is needed for several instances of it?

Hannes_F

Post by Hannes_F »

High praise for this from me, and also great for surround. I get multiple discounts also because I already own some of their software. Try it, it's worth it!
Traveller in boundlessness, at home in the Now
http://www.strings-on-demand.com

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo »

I am about to buy this before the introduction period ends. But I haven't got enough time left to properly compare the professional and standard version. What would you guys recommend? I want 5.1 reverb, but that is already included with the standard edition. Other then that, there seem to be more control options and more presets included with professional. Who would recommend getting the professional edition? I will use it for music production only.

Luciano Storti

Post by Luciano Storti »

I don't have the standard edition, but I reckon it will come down to how you like to use the Reverb. I find myself choosing a preset and then dialing in the exact sound I want every time. So if you are someone who usually relies heavily on good presets, I'd go for the Pro. If you are happy to dial in your own sound, maybe the Standard would do.
Pale Blue Dot.
Luke

Scoredog

Post by Scoredog »

Luciano Storti wrote: Jun 27, 2020 2:58 pm I don't have the standard edition, but I reckon it will come down to how you like to use the Reverb. I find myself choosing a preset and then dialing in the exact sound I want every time. So if you are someone who usually relies heavily on good presets, I'd go for the Pro. If you are happy to dial in your own sound, maybe the Standard would do.
thing is if you like to dial in your own sounds there are a lot less options to do that in standard.

Topic author
Tanuj Tiku

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

I got the standard and it’s great.

Some of the pro features are nice but in reality, while making music and countless other decisions, just the access to a very high quality reverb with a few essential settings is good for me.

Now, for something like SPAT I would want full controls. But for this, I am happy with the standard because I don’t want additional post production presets and contouring to have control, the kind you need at the dub stage.

Most of our sound is in the samples and if not then cinematic rooms will not be my first choice anyway.

What I like about CR is that it has a smooth and deep response both of which are balanced in a way that adds some character but does not overwhelm. Seventh Heaven on the other hand has a signature, a thickness at times but also a pronounced mid range.

I got CR because it sounds a little less coloured, smoother, but more clarity in highs (comparatively) and a tad bit more depth to the sound.

For all of this the standard edition at $97 for existing customers is a great price.

Luciano Storti

Post by Luciano Storti »

Scoredog wrote: Jun 27, 2020 3:46 pm
Luciano Storti wrote: Jun 27, 2020 2:58 pm I don't have the standard edition, but I reckon it will come down to how you like to use the Reverb. I find myself choosing a preset and then dialing in the exact sound I want every time. So if you are someone who usually relies heavily on good presets, I'd go for the Pro. If you are happy to dial in your own sound, maybe the Standard would do.
thing is if you like to dial in your own sounds there are a lot less options to do that in standard.
For sure, and that may be the appeal to some.
Pale Blue Dot.
Luke

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo »

Thank you all for your input.