There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

iZotope Stutter Edit 2

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

iZotope Stutter Edit 2

Post by Guy Rowland »

New modules, tricks and presets, but overall it seems to me its biggest draw is a complete UI upgrade, and that's no bad thing in my book. Also I've been finding the original flaky in action, on more than one occasion I haven't managed to get a thing out of it and went elsewhere in the heat of battle - maybe a function of its age in modern DAWs. So if its much easier to work with, seems like it might be a good idea for when you need to do That Sort Of Thing.

Upgrade price of $79.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/stutter-edit.html

Erik

Re: iZotope Stutter Edit 2

Post by Erik »

I’ve watched the trailer/overview. Not sure it’s that interesting for me - like I often prefer the before exemples than the after ones :-)
"I'm using more black notes now and there are a lot of chords in the last album, too" Vince Clarke -1986

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Erik - yeah, though the same thing on the demos, usually do with these sort of things.

Yet I bought it, mostly cos when you need these tools for something specific, you need 'em. Plastered over a vocal demo doesn't do it any favours imo. Anyway it seems great, a huge arsenal of curated presets in different useful folders, and tweaking seems to be not too head-shrinking. It's very good at some basics actually, especially for rhythmic variations a la sidechain effect, or creating patterns out of different sources. Then of course it can go completely nuts, and everything in between. Might be fun some time on a dull day to create some sci-fi sound effects using Any Old Synth and this.

One irritant - I couldn't get it to do anything for ages. I eventually discovered it was because I didn't have the timeline playing, which is a pretty irritating real world limitation. Other than that, a very useful and well designed tool.

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo »

I also bought at some point, thinking this could be incredibly helpful for a musical Dinosaur like me to make something incredibly hip, if required. Meanwhile, my philosophy is rather they won't hire me to compose something that hip, anyway, so I will not upgrade. :-)

And, yeah! Those Demos are horrendous - with or without the stutter edit. Maybe more dreadful with the effect. But that' just these demos. There are actually more tasteful things that can be done with stutter FX ... well, at least less stereotype and more creative than the demos ...