There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Newfangled Audio Polysynth : GENERATE

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Muziksculp

Newfangled Audio Polysynth : GENERATE

Post by Muziksculp »

Hi,

I don't hear much discussed about the new Polysynth GENERATE from Newfangled Audio. They have a free monophonic synth version PENDULATE, which got a bit more publicity, than its big brother GENERATE. So..

Here is a bit of experimental/ambient music I created using mostly Newfangled Audio's new GENERATE Synth.

It was a lot of fun producing this video, and score, also getting to dive a bit deeper into what Generate can offer. Surely a Great Synth, it has a lot of potential, and hopefully it will be improved further, and given more features. You can read more details on my Youtube post.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Piet De Ridder

Re: Newfangled Audio Polysynth : GENERATE

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Nice work, Sculp.
Good sound and great production too.

_

Topic author
Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Piet De Ridder wrote: Oct 04, 2020 5:21 am Nice work, Sculp.
Good sound and great production too.

_
Hi Piet,

Thanks for the complement. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I had lots of fun making the video, and soundtrack. I always find restricting myself to specific musical tools to produce some music a good way to get some interesting results. This was a good example of that.

I hope Newfangled Audio updates GENERATE with scalable GUI, Midi-Learn, and more flexible modulation options, and anything else they come up with to make it more fun to use. :)

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Topic author
Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Hi,

It looks like GENERATE ver. 1.2.1 is available now.

https://www.newfangledaudio.com/downloads

GENERATE 1.2.1

1. New Helix generator mode is based on spirals, creating a bright chaotic sound.

2. New Crescent generator mode is a bright with a clean clear tone.

3. New Magma generator mode is smooth and warm, with a clear vintage tone, and is useful for making very playable sounds.

4. Added support for new tunings via MTS-ESP.

5. Added master pitch modulation to the Pitch Bend knob.

6. Put the Generator Interval Parameter on a full sized knob and made it a modulation destination.

7. Added modulation to the LFOs, Envelopes, and S+H module.

8. Added a LOOP mode to the Envelopes, turning them into LFOs.

9. Added a modulatable Output Level control to the LFOs and Sample and Hold modules. Also added a Bipolar switch allowing them to be bipolar outputs.

10. New presets from SonalSystem