There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Spectrasonics Trilian 1.5 released

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Spectrasonics Trilian 1.5 released

Post by Guy Rowland »

Well this is a nice surprise - Omni features and UI brought to Trilian, new patches and a new library.
Trilian 1.5 Features Overview

• Over 200 new Trilian patches!
• New Trilian Creative Library for Omnisphere users
• New redesigned Hi-res, Resizable Interface
• Expanded Synthesis Features
⁃ New Filter types
⁃ Polyphphonic Waveshaping
⁃ Ring Modulation
⁃ Enhanced FM
⁃ Doubled Harmonia Voices
⁃ Full FX Modulation
⁃ Doubled Mod Matrix
• Enhanced Browsing
⁃ New Mini-Browser available at all times
⁃ New Full Browser has a cleaner layout
⁃ Sound Match™ instantly locates any related sounds in the library
⁃ Sound Lock™ allows endless variations by locking sound aspects while you browse
• New Arpeggiator Features:
⁃ New Functions menu (Duplicate, Rotate, Reverse, Shuffle)
⁃ New Note Patterns (Join, Spread, Stairs Up, Stairs Down + 4 more)
⁃ New Play Modes (Loop, Chaos, Once)
⁃ New Step Modifiers (Transpose, Slide, Chords, Hi-Low & Step Dividers)
⁃ New Capture feature records the output of the Arpeggiator and exports it as a MIDI file
• New Sharing features for easily sharing and adding custom sounds
• Windows multi-touch support
• Redo/Undo functionality
• ...and much more!
• FREE for all Trilian users!

NB - Omnisphere 2 users need to install an update there before the Creative patches will load properly. There's some bug fixes and enchantments for Omni 2 too. Trilian Creative has around 210 new patches.

Lawrence

Re: Spectrasonics Trilian 1.5 released

Post by Lawrence »

Well, I'd like to upgrade, but the cost....

wait, it's free!!

:)
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

It's a video that just leans on irritating at times but is mostly great fun. Love the final jam, sounds entirely complete from one patch and one drum kit.

Good lord they take their sweet time - another Stylus-replacement-free year - but I still love the Spectrasonics model of no sales ever, but surprise big updates like this.

wst3

Post by wst3 »

I loved the video, they were having so much fun, it was a refreshing change from the typical walk-through. Not sure it works for every library, or every presenter, but in this case it worked for me.

And DANG! Wasn't expecting it, didn't even know I needed it.

I still wish they'd put Keyscape on sale, but I agree Guy, their business model inspires confidence.

kpc

Post by kpc »

There's something about a company that doesn't do sales that appeals to me. Like Valhalla and Spectrasonics. Makes me want to support them more. Where as, I've been waiting for Zebra to go on sale for a good couple of weeks now. (sorry - don't mean to distract from this thread).

I updated, but I don't see the - wait, just saw the post above. Never mind. Have to go to Omni first.
- kayle

wst3

Post by wst3 »

I get that Kayle. By not having sales they show some respect for the customers, and they demonstrate that they know the value of their products. I think it takes some courage to stick to that.

In the case of Valhalla he has priced his plugins so reasonably no one can complain.

There are others who have stuck to their guns for a long time, and then caved, and immediately regretted it. I think u-He falls into that category.

The rest? I guess I prefer predictable sales over random. I mean if they are going to put stuff on sale twice a year then stick to it, and those of us who are cheap can take advantage of the sale.

Oddly enough, it was right around Thanksgiving when I got a project that required, and justified, some serious libraries, so I started my collection with sale prices. Turns out they would still drop in price over the years, but I got a lot of use from them.

These days I (not so) secretly wish for a sale on Keyscape, and if Toontrack puts their bass instrument on sale I may get that, and I'm waiting for more info on OT LA Sessions, and that (remarkably) is it. I won't be spending my holidays scanning for sales. If I spot one that appeals I may take advantage, but I may not.

And I may yet get Keyscape at full price<G>! They've earned it.

kpc

Post by kpc »

Yeah - the thing about Spectrasonics is they do updates (other than RMX) without additional charges. I think Omni 2 was a paid upgrade? but lots of updates since. All of their products are workhorses for me, and I don't regret paying full price for them at all. Can't say that about other libraries I own.

I agree with sales consistency idea. I don't mind paying full price if I need the library for a job or it can make life easier. But if I know they generally have a sale and it is close, I will wait and save a couple bucks.

Anyway - so far, liking the new content in Trillian and the Omni Creative stuff.
- kayle

Geoff Grace

Post by Geoff Grace »

wst3 wrote: Nov 13, 2020 9:42 am These days I (not so) secretly wish for a sale on Keyscape
Bill, here's what I found at JRRShop.com:

Subtotal $379.00
Discount (FORUM) -$41.69
Grand Total $337.31

It's not a sale price; but it's over 15% off the $399 cost of buying direct from Spectrasonics, for what it's worth.

Best,

Geoff

Erik

Post by Erik »

I’ve bought both Omni and keyscape 2nd hand !
I updated to Omni2 - just purchased KS. Sure, there’s now a NFR on them but I have no intention to get eis of them anyway :-)
"I'm using more black notes now and there are a lot of chords in the last album, too" Vince Clarke -1986

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

I have all the Spectrasonics products except Keyscape. It's terrific, but I just already have so many of the key instruments covered with alternatives that I love I just can't see spending the dough.
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

I dl’d the Trilian update last night and after working through some stupid user errors, got it installed. Very nice!

There’s some fun stuff and it’s totally manageable, but am I the only one who finds it disconcerting having to navigate a new GUI after being really used to the old one (for over a decade)?
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Omni 2 owners have the opposite thing Larry. "Why is Trilian so SMALL", we've thought for years....

Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Excellent update.

_

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Just an observation on the new Trilian Creative library - it's not entirely new. Essentially its a rebadged VIP library, but think there's new patches in there too.

Also since Trilian now has much more capable synthesis features, there's no longer so much need to have these combo patches (though of course using any Omni soundsource would require it).

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Eric has a certain way of making me feel guilty. I’m an original owner of Trilogy, Atmosphere and Stylus. The three were expanded into Trilian, Omnisphere and Stylus RMX at ridiculously low or no cost, and I’m still using all three.

I’ve avoided Omni 2 because I’ve never gotten through all the patches of Omni 1! However, I’m feeling like Eric deserves more of my money, so I may have to pony up this year even though I have more pressing needs.

L.J. Nachsin