There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Strezov Afflatus / 50% off until Dec. 1st

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Strezov Afflatus / 50% off until Dec. 1st

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Strezov Afflatus has been given its second major update -- now at v1.3 (a free update for existing users) which includes a.o. new chamber spiccatos, individual patches, key-switch patches, tenutos, harmonics, round robin legatos, ... plus an overall optimization and re-organization of the library -- and is until Dec. 1st available for 50% of the normal price. Which makes it wonderful bargain.

_

Ashermusic

Re: Strezov Afflatus / 50% off until Dec. 1st

Post by Ashermusic »

Downloading the free update now.I highly recommend it.

Disclaimer: I have received free products from Strezov Sampling.
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Hi,

Interesting strings related news.

Hehe.. I'm a Strings Library Addict. :-) I have so many strings libraries already, but for some reason, I didn't get Afflatus.

I think I thought the organization, and/or the approach is a bit odd. I might re-evaluate it.

@Ashermusic highly recommends it ! Thanks for the recommendation.

@ Piet De Ridder, do you recommend it as well ? (I don't know if you already have it)

Any additional feedback about Afflatus would also be interesting, and helpful.

Thanks.

Scoredog

Post by Scoredog »

I am going to highly recommend it, over the past year it has been my work horse strings lib as the poly legato is a league above others I have tried. I have a lot of string libraries as I have done demos for many of them, this one I bought and am quite happy with it. Shortcomings, not a ton of arts like VSL but there are a few magic patches that make it worth the price, especially at 50%.

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Scoredog wrote: Nov 18, 2020 2:58 pm I am going to highly recommend it, over the past year it has been my work horse strings lib as the poly legato is a league above others I have tried. I have a lot of string libraries as I have done demos for many of them, this one I bought and am quite happy with it. Shortcomings, no slow portamento but there is a fast one on the section strings and since I do a lot of jazz arranging I miss that but can't find much fault with what is there. Not a ton of arts like VSL but there are a few magic patches that make it worth the price, especially at 50%.
Hi Scoredog,

Thanks for recommending Afflatus.

I will re-evaluate it when I have some time, the 50% discount is very nice to have.

Q. Do you think it is organized a bit oddly, or do you feel comfortable using it for multi-applications as far as string writing goes. also.. How do you like the short articulations in Afflatus, do they offer anything special that other String libraries don't ?

I'm also waiting to see if Audiobro LASS 3 is released this year, plus the EW-Hollywood Orchestra OPUS edition, ....etc. So, I will try to evaluate Afflatus with these new comers when they are released. I also just upgraded to 8dio's Century Strings 2.0 and Century Sordino Strings 2.0, didn't have much time to check the new version out. So.. as I said, I'm overloaded with String libraries. But I like that :-)

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

OK.. I edited my older post.

The price I get 382. Euros is with the discount. The regular price is 799. Euros.

Going to watch some Afflatus Videos :)

I'm also hoping that the new Afflatus customers will be downloading ver 1.3 , not needing to run any additional updates.

Thanks.

Scoredog

Post by Scoredog »

Muziksculp wrote: Nov 18, 2020 3:37 pm
Scoredog wrote: Nov 18, 2020 2:58 pm I am going to highly recommend it, over the past year it has been my work horse strings lib as the poly legato is a league above others I have tried. I have a lot of string libraries as I have done demos for many of them, this one I bought and am quite happy with it. Shortcomings, no slow portamento but there is a fast one on the section strings and since I do a lot of jazz arranging I miss that but can't find much fault with what is there. Not a ton of arts like VSL but there are a few magic patches that make it worth the price, especially at 50%.
Hi Scoredog,

Thanks for recommending Afflatus.

I will re-evaluate it when I have some time, the 50% discount is very nice to have.

Q. Do you think it is organized a bit oddly, or do you feel comfortable using it for multi-applications as far as string writing goes. also.. How do you like the short articulations in Afflatus, do they offer anything special that other String libraries don't ?

I'm also waiting to see if Audiobro LASS 3 is released this year, plus the EW-Hollywood Orchestra OPUS edition, ....etc. So, I will try to evaluate Afflatus with these new comers when they are released. I also just upgraded to 8dio's Century Strings 2.0 and Century Sordino Strings 2.0, didn't have much time to check the new version out. So.. as I said, I'm overloaded with String libraries. But I like that :-)
it is organized differently but would not be enough to sway me away. The shorts are fine but not the reason to buy the library. The poly legato is exceptional and the main reason to purchase, and the expression and sound on the Scene' d'moure patches help make it a library I reach for often. The Century update is very cool, the poly legato is a nice upgrade and well worth the upgrade fee but it does not play as well as Afflatus Poly-Legato. The new Audio Bro string library is going to be worth waiting for, but like many of us we are string library addicts anyway.

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Hi @Scoredog,

Thanks for the additional feedback.

I'm going to re-evaluate Afflatus, see if I pull the trigger in the next few days.

Yes, really looking forward to see what LASS 3 offers. I'm hoping it will be released before BF.

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

This is going to be a challenging Black Friday....

Scoredog

Post by Scoredog »

I typed something in error and want to correct it.There is no portamento in the sections in Afflatus. There is however a quick portamento in the first chairs which you can layer in which is what I am doing. I have been using my custom multi for so long I forgot it is not the section playing it. That said because the poly legato works so well you get multiple voices in one patch so it feels like there is portamento when layering.

Mikeybabes

Post by Mikeybabes »

I was pretty certain that I would be sitting this Black Friday out. However, this now seems to be a case of famous last words.

I have a goodly selection of libraries, and perhaps excepting the odd impulse purchase, didn't really feel much interest in acquiring anything else. However this 50% saving on Afflatus, a library I've always admired from afar, is very appealing....

I only have about two thousand string libraries, so I obviously don't have enough.

Fortuantely, I will have no problem keeping myself very busy with work until the end of the month, so it should keep me distracted whilst I mull it over.

The thing is, I purchased VSL Synchron Strings Pro Full recently, (which i very much like), so buying another string library so soon, and before I've fully explored SSPro, feels rather self-indulgent...

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

I am famous/infamous for my "no such thing as a must have" and I am not going to violate that here. But......I strongly suspect Afflatus will now replace Hollywood Strings as my "reach for first" strings library. It just sounds so freaking good and plays so effortlessly.
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Hi,

OK, I just ordered Strezov-Sampling's Afflatus Strings. :)

I'm looking forward to enjoy using this wonderful sounding Strings Library.

I wasn't sure I needed this library when it was first released, but then listening a few times to the demos, I could hear something very special these Strings offer, they sound very lyrical, and warm, I'm sure I will love using them. I also like the fact that Strezov-Sampling keeps updating it, so it's a good investment for the future, and the discount cross-grade price I got for it, 382 Euros was a helping factor.

Is Afflatus also good/suitable for writing up-tempo string lines ,with the short articulations ?

I'm guessing I will be downloading the latest version 1.3 which includes 1.1, and 1.2 update samples/instruments.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Scoredog

Post by Scoredog »

I'll be surprised if you are not very happy. If you want my custom multi I am happy to send it...

I did this in 30 mins with my custom multi and one Scene D'Amoure patch...that's 2 patches, 2 tracks only so I could probably suss it out a bit better but how enjoyable for this non keyboardist to be able to do this.

When doing my jazz arranging it is the first library I use to start arranging.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4gniycoog5md ... d.mp3?dl=0

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Scoredog wrote: Nov 21, 2020 10:20 pm I'll be surprised if you are not very happy. If you want my custom multi I am happy to send it...

I did this in 30 mins with my custom multi and one Scene D'Amoure patch...that's 2 patches, 2 tracks only so I could probably suss it out a bit better but how enjoyable for this non keyboardist to be able to do this.

When doing my jazz arranging it is the first library I use to start arranging.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4gniycoog5md ... d.mp3?dl=0
Hi @Scoredog,

Very nice sounding track. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah... I doubt I will be disappointed by Afflatus Strings, and I have a feeling I will be smiling a lot while discovering what it offers.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Erik

Post by Erik »

I just listened to a crazy YT strings comparison (53 libs!!!) and lan, these Afflatus are amongst my favorites !
It’s a « long strings » short demo with the protocole thoroughly explained.
Too bad it’s still out of my budget, especially before christmas. SAD! as my favorite villain would write.
"I'm using more black notes now and there are a lot of chords in the last album, too" Vince Clarke -1986

Vitamin Dmin

Post by Vitamin Dmin »

How are the shorts in Afflatus, compared to LASS shorts? (Regarding faster passages, ostinati, one note repetition, ...)