There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Realitone / Sunset Strings / pre-release

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Realitone / Sunset Strings / pre-release

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Realitone has pre-released Sunset Strings, a "chamber ensemble of orchestral strings that bring movement, life, and musicality to the world of virtual instruments".

"Recorded in Hollywood at the renowned Studio A of United Recording (formerly known as Ocean Way), this is the strings library we've been wanting to create for years. The vast selection of extended techniques, textural sustains, and organic performances make this one of the most unique collections available, wrapped up in an engine designed to offer flexibility and promote creativity.Articulations were recorded as an ensemble (5 violins, 3 violas, 3 celli), with Basses (3) recorded separately to offer greater control. Some articulations such as the Repetitions were recorded as soloists in their seating position within the ensemble. This provides a gorgeously detailed natural stereo image, you'll think you're actually there!"

Pre-sale price is $199, when the library is officially released (December or January), the price will be $300. And, as always, Realitone offers a 30-day full refund policy.

_

Lawrence

Re: Realitone / Sunset Strings / pre-release

Post by Lawrence »

Good lord. Quiet as a mouse!
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Hi @ Piet De Ridder,

Thanks for posting this. it's quite a unique Strings Library. I wouldn't use it as my main Strings writing library, but could be useful to have. Although I'm really overdosed on Strings Libraries :)

What are your thoughts about it ?

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Some really interesting stuff, Mike. No legato, correct? I see this as more of a specialty library in general than a bread n' butter library.

One thing, and it's critical-you MUST CUT OUT HALF THE CHUCKLES FROM YOUR VO. :)
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

wst3

Post by wst3 »

Oh let him have his fun Larry, he worked pretty hard on this release!

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Bill, trust me-I’m trying to help!

L.J. Nachsin

Erik

Post by Erik »

It’s exactly what Spitfire should have done with their various specialty string libs. Really interesting.

(ps : I agree about the chuckles but I don’t know Mike personally ; I just really appreciate his public personna)
"I'm using more black notes now and there are a lot of chords in the last album, too" Vince Clarke -1986

kpc

Post by kpc »

Anyone have any further thoughts on this? Not really in need of more strings, but there is something about this library that seems worth having.

I’m feeling less inclined to make my mock-up sounds like the real thing/true orchestra and going for more of a vibe.
- kayle

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Kayle,

Nick Batzdorf has reviewed the Sunset Strings here.

_

kpc

Post by kpc »

Yeah, thanks. That’s what got me thinking.
- kayle

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

kpc wrote: May 29, 2021 10:22 am
I’m feeling less inclined to make my mock-up sounds like the real thing/true orchestra and going for more of a vibe.
+1, but I arrived at that a long time go..
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

mr anxiety

Post by mr anxiety »

Sunset Strings is a refreshing take on a string library that will get some good use here. And sonically it sounds great!
Cubase 9 PC W7 MoL VEP5 (2) RME HDSP 96/52
Pro Tools 10 MAC (9) 192 Interface via Magma chassis