There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

The Amazonic AMA1

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

The Amazonic AMA1

Post by Piet De Ridder »

The Amazonic AMA1 is a 10 gig collection of more than 100 instruments found in the Amazon region, played by local people and recorded locally. Instruments were recorded using 3 to 5 mic-perspectives. The library is available in 4 editions: a free starter pack, the producer edition ($129), the composer edition ($199) and the complete edition ($249).

"Recorded straight in the depths of the Amazon rainforest and on a studio located in the city of Manaus, upon months of a deep researching, we selected the main instruments that are part of the culture, religion and traditions of those who lives in the Amazon. With special attention to details, we captured every sound emitted by those instruments thus guaranteeing the creation of a powerful tool for composers and producers looking for a professional, emotional and spiritual sound to add on their music."

Also more than worth a mention: "For every software purchased, 30% goes back to the musicians who were part of AMA 1, native people, animal shelters and other social causes in the Amazon Forest. As soon as you purchase our product, we will forward the money to our partners in Manaus. Within weeks, you will receive a video showing exactly how your donation was used."

And this is a link to the digital booklet which provides extensive information about the library's content. (A bit of a slow download, but worth waiting for.)

_

Niah

Re: The Amazonic AMA1

Post by Niah »

Does anyone have this library? Seems like a pretty interesting collection of sounds.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Yes, I have. Bought it a few minutes after I posted the above post. And it’s great. A library like this is obviously of little interest if you’re doing mostly conventional orchestral mock-ups, but if you’re into percussion — the usual and the unusual (from ethnic to experimental) — this is a terrific addition to whatever tools and/or libraries you might already have.

Not only is there a bewildering amount of instruments — familiar and unfamiliar things being hit, struck, scraped, brushed, shaken & stirred —, they’re also all sampled quite extensively (single shots, syncable and non-syncable phrases, loops), using up to 4 different recording perspectives (in a few cases even 5) and the sound quality is beyond reproach.

This, in case anyone’s wondering, is not a library recorded by a well-meaning amateur in some backwater studio using mediocre equipment, no, this is serious, professional stuff that can compete with the best.

The plucked and wind instruments are inevitably rather limited in possibilities, but so are the originals I suppose, and the developer clearly has made an effort to sample as much useful sounds and noises as these instruments can produce.

The library is unlocked as well, meaning you can edit whatever you want in whichever way you want, should you feel like it.

Good product.

__

Kuusniemi

Post by Kuusniemi »

I second Piet, this is a great library full of wonderful sounds.

Niah

Post by Niah »

Fantastic ! Thank you for both your posts.

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

Very nice!
Be an upstander.

GR Baumann

Post by GR Baumann »

Labour of love, jaw dropping.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

For a limited time, the entire Amazonic collection is available with a 40% price reduction. (Discount is automatically applied during checkout.)

_

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo »

I almost feel bad to get this at a discount, but I couldn't justify it for just the chance it might land in some project in the future. But with the discount, I simply cannot refuse ...

Luciano Storti

Post by Luciano Storti »

FriFlo wrote: Oct 28, 2021 2:12 pm I almost feel bad to get this at a discount, but I couldn't justify it for just the chance it might land in some project in the future. But with the discount, I simply cannot refuse ...
You will not regret this purchase in my opinion. It is a fantastic sample set. There's a 'raw authenticity' (what a non-descriptor that is) to the samples. They sound so good. I do wish there were more options for the melodic instruments; sometimes they can be quite restrictive in their use, but what is there is great and with a bit of creativity very useful. And it will find its way into more projects than you think. To me, it almost feels like someone is playing live when I use them (talking multi-samples here).
Pale Blue Dot.
Luke

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo »

Yeah, I already know I will not regret that. Just had a few minutes to play through some patches. I really like the drums and I know they will be used! It was worth the purchase for them alone. The other patches - well, as you said: most are very limited in use. Charango Chords with just downstrokes and no round robins does not allow for much more than adding end notes to the few loops provided.

Probably most of the other patches I had not spent time yet are similarly easy - no legato on the woodwinds, mostly shorts and longs. Well, that could be useful in case you need to add some ethnic color and do not need to control it much. A nice extra. But the drums are so good! No regrets at all!