There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Fluffy Audio / Jazz Drums - Brushes

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Fluffy Audio / Jazz Drums - Brushes

Post by Piet De Ridder »

From Fluffy: "After “Simple Jazz – Bass” and “Scoring Piano”, we've naturally desired to sample the missing instrument of the classical jazz trio: the Drums. Jazz Drums - Brushes features an innovative MIDI Player with 35 Grooves included and plenty of customizable options over the sound of the instrument. As usual we strived to keep the price low and hence you can buy the library for 59$/€ (instead of 79$/€) until May, 10th."

- 7.3 GB .ncw compressed sample pool
- Real brush sweeping motions
- 10 mix presets
- 35 MIDI Grooves and innovative simple to use MIDI Player
- Customizable mapping
- HiHat Open Control and Snare Brushing Speed engines
- Complete control over microphones bleed
- Customizable output routing
- 4 bands EQ
- Requires KONTAKT 5.8 Full Edition (or ABOVE)

_

Lawrence

Re: Fluffy Audio / Jazz Drums - Brushes

Post by Lawrence »

Maybe I missed it in the walkthrough, but do the brush sweeps sync to host tempo?
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

I don't know whether they can be synced — there's no mention of it in the walkthrough —, but there is a 'Brush Sweep Speed' fader at the top right of the interface with which, I assume, you can adjust the sweeps to better fit the tempo.

_

paoling

Post by paoling »

Hello guys!

Thank you for the interest!
The sweeps are not synced to the DAW. You can either map to a key a certain sweep/speed or map to a key the variable speed articulation for the sweep and then use the slider to change it. The included grooves use the first method (but they are thought to match a certain BPM). In general we've found that most grooves sound fine in a +-20 bpm variation from the original intended tempo.

The library has 33 different sweeps (with velocity/round robins) and 9 variable sweep kind (which basically include all the previous in a single key and you can change them with the slider).

Basically what I find "innovative" in this library is:
1) A MIDI player "arranger" style that works well (a nightmare to script). You can also automate the Groove Dynamics control to have an additional control over the general dynamic of the groove. There are included midi files too, if you prefer to work with a proper drum track.
2) A nice Matrix Mixer, that allows to capture the sound of the drumkit as it happens in a recording studio.
3) A lot of articulations: 113, which are impossible to map all at once. Most of them are for the Snare (due to the brushing, and various kind hits) and for the Hi-Hats (sampled in different opening amounts).
4) A versatile mapping system, which allows to map the drum as you wish. The included grooves use this system in background to have their custom mappings (and if you want to use the MIDI of the groove in your DAW you have to import its mapping in the instrument).
5) It's the first library where you can see our mates Simone and Olmo play!

Here's the manual:
https://www.fluffyaudio.com/wp-content/ ... Manual.pdf

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

Purchased!
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Ashermusic wrote: Apr 27, 2021 10:21 amPurchased!
Me too. :)

Very useful library to have.