There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

New Orchestral Tools SINE Update ! With AAX Support.

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Muziksculp

New Orchestral Tools SINE Update ! With AAX Support.

Post by Muziksculp »

What's new?
SINE Version: v1.0.6
Changes in this version:

https://www.orchestraltools.com/store/get-sine

New features:

AAX Support! SINE Player is now available as an AAX plugin for Pro Tools.
Mic Merge improvements: Mic Merge has been optimized with better support for different merge configurations and will now use all available processing power of your machine. We strongly recommend to only use Mic Merge in standalone mode or while playback is stopped.
New Store/My Licenses framework: The Store and My Licenses sections now use a new framework, using your OS's native renderer.
Variations can now be set per loaded articulation when dragging the slider with the mouse. This allows for crossfading vibrato styles in a Polymap, for example. Changing variations via MIDI CC will continue to affect all variations on that particular MIDI Channel.
SINEplayer now supports the auto-sustain functionality (an upcoming free content update for Metropolis Ark 1's guitars is required for this to work).

Re-designed virtual keyboard with optimized playable range and keyswitch range controls:

The virtual keyboard has been re-designed and features a clearer color scheme that will show used/unused black keys.
The active keyswitch is now highlighted, as are keyswitches when hovering.
If the playable range has been adjusted in either direction, a thin line above the keys will show the extended/recorded range.
If the playable range has been shifted, a +/- indicator next to the drag arrows will show the transposition.
The keyswitch logic has been improved; now, keyswitches will intelligently move out of the way.

UI Improvements:

It is possible again to switch off the sustain pedal in the Articulation Options.
If an articulation has more than nine velocity layers, the DYN tab in the Articulation Options will now show a scroll bar.
The re-designed virtual keyboard brings optimized UI performance when making changes to ranges.
The keyboard arrows will no longer vanish when no instrument is loaded.

Performance and reliability improvements:

SINE Player now reliably works with hosts requiring variable buffer sizes, such as FL Studio.
Fixed a small and very rare memory corruption issue with the progress bar.
Changes to the Controller Map will be saved in presets and dutifully reloaded.
If the drive containing actively loaded instrument loses connection, SINE will no longer freeze.
Deleting a collection from disk and then entering My Licenses will no longer make SINE crash.
If a variation was selected with the mouse (instead of via MIDI CC), upon re-opening a sequencer project, this variation will now play correctly (instead of playing the default variation until the SINE UI was opened).
Saved sampler states will now correctly show empty keys in the playable range.
If an instrument's MIDI channel is set to 'Omni', it will now correctly react to all channels after reloading the project, not just to channel 1.
If you switch legato styles within one articulation, unused styles will now be unloaded and reloaded correctly.
SINEplayer now reacts to CC123 ('All notes off') and reacts better to stopping playback in the middle of a note.
Windows: The installer will now remember your install locations and chosen plugin formats when updating.

Geoff Grace

Re: New Orchestral Tools SINE Update ! With AAX Support.

Post by Geoff Grace »

Yep. I'm glad that they finally released an AAX version. It's also good to see progress on the mic merge feature.

Best,

Geoff

Topic author
Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

I hope this is a sign that we will see the release of their Berlin Orchestral Line in SINE format very, very soon.

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo »

I am still missing all of the comprehensive midi CC control that capsule had. This is version 6 and they still cannot control simple stuff like the mixer with CC? That is embarrassing IMO.

The fact that capsule let you control close to every parameter though CC was always something that made the orchestral tools libraries a great choice as backbone for a huge template. Seems like they have totally forgotten about that. Otherwise, I cannot really imagine what could be so difficult about implementing a few more things via CC ...

Topic author
Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

FriFlo wrote: Oct 12, 2021 4:30 am I am still missing all of the comprehensive midi CC control that capsule had. This is version 6 and they still cannot control simple stuff like the mixer with CC? That is embarrassing IMO.

The fact that capsule let you control close to every parameter though CC was always something that made the orchestral tools libraries a great choice as backbone for a huge template. Seems like they have totally forgotten about that. Otherwise, I cannot really imagine what could be so difficult about implementing a few more things via CC ...
I would recommend you email OT to let them know you would like to have more destinations for CC controls, i.e. to control the mixer. I'm sure they can implement this in a future SINE update.

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo »

I have done that about a year ago. They said more CC integration would follow. But progress on that matter seems very slow. To me, this is way more important than all the fancy new things like consolidated mic mixer. That is why I cannot understand how they prioritize like that. If you are using Sine in a large template like most professional composers would, you simply couldn't use a plug in that doesn't even allow basic CC control like controlling the mix mixer.

Geoff Grace

Post by Geoff Grace »

It took nearly two decades for Kontakt to evolve to the mature platform it is now, and it's going to take some time for competing products to catch up.

In the meantime, we can follow the money to see why some developers wanted to create their own platforms. Native Instruments' pricing model doesn't allow for the subscriber plan that East West implemented, nor the à la carte pricing that Orchestral Tools put into effect, nor the free for everyone model that Spitfire has used with its Labs series and Orchestral Tools with its SINEfactory series. (As we know, free libraries for Kontakt are only free for those who purchased Kontakt.)

Life might have been easier in many ways if the industry had collaborated on an open source sampler the way they did with the MIDI spec, but that's much easier said than done.

Best,

Geoff