There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

New: Tonewood - guitar soundset for Omnisphere 2 by Triple Spiral Audio

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Jaap

New: Tonewood - guitar soundset for Omnisphere 2 by Triple Spiral Audio

Post by Jaap »

Tonewood is a guitar soundset for Omnisphere 2.8 with 120 presets created from custom guitar recordings of a Fender Stratocaster, Gibson Les Paul and a Strandberg Boden Prog 7

In this soundset you will find a collection of clean, crunchy and distorted presets and as well a nice amount of atmospheric and ambient sounds. Beside the guitar presets you will also find 20 ARP presets and some of them make use of the new strum feature introduced in Omnisphere 2.8

Tonewood is available for €22.95 till 3 December (MSRP €29.95)

With the release of the new Sonic Extensions by Spectrasonics I am going to try a new setup. Extended versions. An Extended soundset will have all the original presets and each preset will have an alternative version (with the label EXT) with the use of the new FX from the Sonic Extensions to enhance the sound and offer you an alternative version of each preset.

Tonewood Extended is a guitar soundset with 240 presets for Omnisphere 2.8 + Sonic Extensions Nylon Sky and Undercurrent. These 2 Sonic Extensions are required in order to make this soundset work.

The Tonewood Extended soundset contains all the 120 presets from Tonewood and each preset has an alternative version with the use of the Nylon Sky and Undercurrent FX which brings the total to 240 presets. The new FX add a lot of different character to the presets and gives often a more transparent, crunchy and spacious feel to the presets.

Tonewood Extended is available for €29.95 till 3 December (MSRP €39.95)

Check out the audio demos here:

wst3

Re: New: Tonewood - guitar soundset for Omnisphere 2 by Triple Spiral Audio

Post by wst3 »

As always you do a lovely job creating patches - and whoever did the demos does a fantastic job of presenting them to the world.

I had decided that there really wasn't enough in the new Extended add-ons to get excited about. Watching your demo of regular vs extended has me rethinking that. Although there were a couple of patches where I much preferred the regular version of the patch - go figure.

A little more study is required me thinks!

Topic author
Jaap

Re: New: Tonewood - guitar soundset for Omnisphere 2 by Triple Spiral Audio

Post by Jaap »

Thanks Bill :D Yeah the demo writers are doing a nice job and the videos I do myself. I just like to keep them simple with no bla bla and too much fuzz or hype.
I didn't intend to make the Extended version better then the regular and I have also that I prefer some of the sounds from the regular one above the Extended. I hope it can be a nice way to offer also a different take on a sound, like you can do with Zebra 2 and The Dark Zebra.