There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

MBP M1 Max audio example

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
kpc

MBP M1 Max audio example

Post by kpc »

Just discovered this video on another forum. I really like her voice, but also, interesting take on using the new MBP. She doesn’t go into how she edited the movie, but I thought it an enjoyable watch.

Didn’t think I would go back to a laptop for my main rig, but I’m nearly convinced a 14” MBP will be just the ticket.
- kayle

Hannes_F

Re: MBP M1 Max audio example

Post by Hannes_F »

Interesting.

Mary Spender has been on my radar since a while as she plays a decent viola as well and comes across as a very sympathetic person. Also she has that Youtube and singer/songwriter thing really down, bravo.

Side note: I wish she would sing more like she speaks. All too many singers these days copy somebody or something instead of really letting themselves shine for what they genuinely are. But maybe this is just a general beef of mine. It's just ... that would be gorgeous.
Traveller in boundlessness, at home in the Now
http://www.strings-on-demand.com

Topic author
kpc

Post by kpc »

And another test, using ProTools on an unauthorized OS and under Rosetta.

[media] [/media]
- kayle

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Thanks for posting these, Kayle. There's a great YouTube comment on Mary's video:
I feel like this is exactly what Apple thinks all of their users are or at least aspire to be.
But it's undeniably impressive. The built in mic sounds incredible (for a laptop). For some genres, you could probably get away with it in a final mix.

The Pro Tools Expert video (how dull it is after Mary's) - as they say it's not yet supposed to be compatible, so one might hope for even better things ultimately.

The idea of having this and a 4TB internal SSD with everything on it is so appealing. Shame Cubase and VSL still need the dongle, but that too will change eventually.

EDIT - Hans, I know what you mean about the vocal affectations. She's got a gorgeous voice but I too would like to hear it without those.

Topic author
kpc

Post by kpc »

Yeah - 700 tracks plus recording 16 more, on a laptop that isn't supposed to run the program - that is crazy to me.
- kayle