There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

FabFilter / Volcano 3

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

FabFilter / Volcano 3

Post by Piet De Ridder »

FabFilter Volcano 3

Pretty spectacular update of Fabfilter's filter plugin. Sit back for 10 minutes and watch this:

_

FriFlo

Re: FabFilter / Volcano 3

Post by FriFlo »

With the BF additional update I will probably get this and add the Saturn 2 update. I am undecided wether to add further plugins.

I have:
FabFilter Pro-Q 3
FabFilter Pro-C 2
FabFilter Pro-MB
FabFilter Pro-L 2
FabFilter Pro-R
FabFilter Saturn (1)

Are there any other Fab Filter plugins you recommend?

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

I only started using FabFilter a few days ago, to be honest. To be more precise: a couple of hours prior to my Saturn2 post. Before that: nothing.
I now have Volcano and Saturn and it is highly unlikely I'll buy any more FabFilter because everything else they offer I've got covered (in some cases many times over) by other software. Sorry.

_

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo »

Thanks, Piet! In case anyone else with more Fab Filter plugins has some recommendations, I am all ears. I just like their UI and I am also fond of using similar UIs on different kinds of plugins. Makes it more intuitive. That is why I am tempted to get more from them, although - as you said it - I am covered more than once for most of these types of plugins ...

kpc

Post by kpc »

I like FabFilter very much, even though I only have a couple plugs. Pretty sure I’ll upgrade my Saturn and maybe pick up the EQ.
- kayle

tack

Post by tack »

FriFlo wrote: Nov 25, 2021 6:14 amAre there any other Fab Filter plugins you recommend?
Pro-DS and Pro-G are competent plugins if you're mixing voiceover. If you have those gaps filled already, I wouldn't say they are must-have though.

However if you're in the market for a sexy delay (and honestly who isn't?) then you could do much worse than Timeless 3.
- Jason

Jack Weaver

Post by Jack Weaver »

I bought Timeless a couple months back. But I'm really much more partial to Desert Cites by Audio Damage:

https://www.audiodamage.com/products/ad ... ert-cities

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo »

Thanks, guys! I couldn't resist and got timeless, too. The video presentation was just to damn sexy! :-)

ok_tan

Post by ok_tan »

Jack Weaver wrote: Nov 26, 2021 7:08 pm I bought Timeless a couple months back. But I'm really much more partial to Desert Cites by Audio Damage:

https://www.audiodamage.com/products/ad ... ert-cities

ah, thats a good one. thanks. downloading DesertCities now. - btw Audio Damage has 40% off on all their products.
thx! theo

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo »

Since have a surround setup it keeps suprising me how many developers still do not support multichannel formats! With Fab Filter, only their EQ, Reverb and Limiter already support it. Especially with Timeless, that is quite a loss ... however, at least they state in their forum that supporting multichannel on all of their plugins is on the to-do-list for the very near future.