There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Realitone / Nightfall (Hybrid/Organic Strings)

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Realitone / Nightfall (Hybrid/Organic Strings)

Post by Piet De Ridder »

"Built from the raw recordings of our acclaimed Sunset Strings instrument, NIGHTFALL shares its high quality, organic, and cinematic sound qualities - presented in an enjoyable and easy-to-use interface. It's an organic string ensemble... evolved!
A collection of unique sustains, drones, textures, soundscapes, shorts, signatures, sound design effects, repetitions, pulses and loops, combined with our flexible 2-layer blending system and intuitive effects controls makes NIGHTFALL a versatile instrument to give you an original sonic advantage."

Pre-release price: $129
Regular price: $199
Update price for owners of Sunset Strings: $99

Lawrence

Re: Realitone / Nightfall (Hybrid/Organic Strings)

Post by Lawrence »

Sounds pretty tv-scorey, Mike!
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

kpc

Post by kpc »

Yes, this sounds really nice. hmmm. Wasn't looking to buy anything, but this might be fun to have. I do like the GUI as well.
- kayle

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

kpc wrote: Sep 14, 2022 12:00 pm Yes, this sounds really nice. hmmm. Wasn't looking to buy anything, but this might be fun to have. I do like the GUI as well.
That was exactly my thoughts. Dammit.

kpc

Post by kpc »

Guy Rowland wrote: Sep 14, 2022 1:24 pm That was exactly my thoughts. Dammit.
Do you have Sunset Strings, Guy? I’ve looked at those as well, but never hit the buy button.
- kayle

lofi

Post by lofi »

I used Sunset Strings on the latest show I scored, "Sommarskuggan"
Perhaps not as the go to library but for effects and "pads that move".
The ease of being able to blend two different layers saves so much time.

Working on the music for a play based on the book "the secret garden" by Frances Hodgson Burnett.
Heard so many useful timbres in the walkthrough that I'm downloading as I type.

$99 for those with Sunset Strings.

/Anders

Markus K

Post by Markus K »

I like Sunset Strings a lot. Bought Nightfall around 2 month ago but didn't install the prerelease since I wait for the Native Access version. No urgent need but the string sound is great imo and you can do things with it (Sunset) that would be hard to achieve with other libraries.
Part of buying it was appreciation for Mikes work for vi control. Makes more sense than helping the former guy compensating his taxes.

Scoredog

Post by Scoredog »

I am a bit biased as Mike is just a good dude but this is one of those libraries for at least what I do I hope people will kind of ignore it so I can keep it for myself. That's not exactly fair as it is very malleable so it is easy to roll your own. Working on a Warner project and it fits like a glove and is inspirational. I can tweak deep or keep it pretty stock depending on need....Highly Recommended!

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

"Nightfall is now released and on Kontakt Player! (...) Nightfall is an intense collection of unique sustains, drones, textures, shorts, soundscapes, sound design effects, repetitions, pulses and loops, all combined with our flexible 2-layer blending system, plus (brand new!) a mod-wheel controlled effects system that takes this to a whole new level."

$129 intro price. ($99 if you already own Sunset Strings. Details on the Nightfall webpage.)

_

playz123

Post by playz123 »

Scoredog wrote: Sep 14, 2022 7:55 pm I am a bit biased as Mike is just a good dude but this is one of those libraries for at least what I do I hope people will kind of ignore it so I can keep it for myself. That's not exactly fair as it is very malleable so it is easy to roll your own. Working on a Warner project and it fits like a glove and is inspirational. I can tweak deep or keep it pretty stock depending on need....Highly Recommended!
LOL, you just had to tip the scales for me in favor of a purchase, didn’t you Craig? 😄 Besides, I do like what I hear and also feel the price is more than reasonable. It’s a bonus being able to support Mike’s work as well.
Frank E. Lancaster

wst3

Post by wst3 »

biased though I am, Nightfall (and Sunset Strings) are both fantastic libraries, quite different (in a good way) from any of my other 10,000 string libraries. Too bad Halloween is past, Nightfall is perfect for that.

wst3

Post by wst3 »

And speaking of Halloween - anyone using Riot Audio Ghoul? I keep returning to those demos! I suppose I can create many of those sounds myself, but I really like the library.