There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Liikkuva - Nordic/Scandi String Textures from Pulse Audio (Intro price of $49.00)

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
musicformedia

Liikkuva - Nordic/Scandi String Textures from Pulse Audio (Intro price of $49.00)

Post by musicformedia »

Hi all, I rarely post here but I'm a long time lurker (same with most forums!). I'm the founder of the Pulse downloader app which you may have noticed also has a built in store now too (its in the app and in a browser at https://www.pulse.audio).

Naturally, being so heavily involved in the industry, I've always had some ideas of different types of libraries I'd like to create myself...so finally had the time to release our first official Pulse Audio library "Liikkuva"

Liikkuva (prounounced “Lee Koo Vah”) is a string textures sample library based on the sound of modern “Scandi” or “Nordic” soundtracks such as The Killing, Wallander and Bordertown.

https://pulse.audio/product/liikuuva-st ... ulse-audio

It contains a range of articulations split into “High Strings” and “Low Strings” that all have a sense of movement and evolution.

These string textures reflect the landscape of Scandavian countries – cold, bleak and empty yet are perfect for use in both cold, dreary underscore as well as more warm and shimmering tracks.

The following two tracks were written by me and 100% Liikkuva:

To create the “Scandi” sound, we recorded a small string orchestra with no violas to scoop out the mid-range and give them their silky sound with a boomy bottom and airy top.

The players were recorded in a beautiful church in Zagreb, Croatia with an assortment of Rode ribbon and AKG/Neumann condensers and three mic positions were used – Close, Mid & Far – to give plenty of sonic options, allowing you to create your own mix.

The strings are soft and delicate with a silky airiness and distinctly raw, icy tone to them. They have a definite up close sound allowing many intricate details to shine through.

From nose diving “Sirens” to more minimalist, melancholic textures like “Sul Tasto“, we’ve recorded a range of textured string techniques in both high and low strings to give you a nuanced, moving sound full of detail and ambience.

This library lends itself perfectly to modern drama that requires an intimate and organic sound full of movement and life. It can bring you to both warm, shimmering lakes as well as dark, cold, sharp glaciers.

Liikkuva is available on intro pricing at $49 instead of $149 until the 25th February (3 months intro pricing) to give plenty of time for more demo tracks and walkthrough videos.

Topic author
musicformedia

Re: Liikkuva - Nordic/Scandi String Textures from Pulse Audio (Intro price of $49.00)

Post by musicformedia »

Walkthrough video coming very soon..

Muziksculp

Re: Liikkuva - Nordic/Scandi String Textures from Pulse Audio (Intro price of $49.00)

Post by Muziksculp »

Interesting. Do I still need to buy more Strings Libraries ? :)

RobS

Post by RobS »

Muziksculp wrote: Dec 10, 2022 11:13 am Interesting. Do I still need to buy more Strings Libraries ? :)
You know the answer brother

doctoremmet

Post by doctoremmet »

Sculp, you’ve announced your album for 2023. Go work on that. Then buy these strings for the sophomore album.

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

doctoremmet wrote: Dec 11, 2022 8:25 am Sculp, you’ve announced your album for 2023. Go work on that. Then buy these strings for the sophomore album.
Thanks for the advice. ;)

Topic author
musicformedia

Post by musicformedia »

Walkthrough video is out

Topic author
musicformedia

Post by musicformedia »

Simeon had a chance to check out Liikkuva - Scandi Strings on his latest live stream: