There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

CineSamples : CineStrings Core Ver. 2.0 Update Released

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Muziksculp

CineSamples : CineStrings Core Ver. 2.0 Update Released

Post by Muziksculp »

Hi,

CineSamples has finally released CineStrings Core Ver. 2.0 Update

https://store.cinesamples.com/products/cinestrings-core

The Ver. 2.0 Update is a Free Update for owners of the current version of this library.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Guy Rowland

Re: CineSamples : CineStrings Core Ver. 2.0 Update Released

Post by Guy Rowland »

A lovely looking and sounding update. The short releases on the marcatos were the standout for me.

Ultimately as an existing owner however, I always feel I'm unlikely to use or maybe even install, simply because I spent a ton of time tweaking the original version in my template, and don't really fancy redoing it all, fussing with compatibility and so on.

And they (not just Cinesamples) always miss one big trick when they do this. What I'd so love when they redo a library is to separate the samples into main mix and all other mics subfolders, meaning if you want a laptop version you can just delete all the other mics, taking only 1/5th of the footprint. On top of this, you're adding this version on top of your original, that's doubling the space too.

I feel mean griping because I appreciate all the fine work here. It does look like they did it beautifully and its a free update too. This is just me being old and very tired of template-tinkering I guess.

Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Good update, I find. Everything's there in one window, programming adheres more to familiar standards and the thing seems to load much faster too.
Never reached for CineStrings much before, but that might change now.

_

Topic author
Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Tested the new CS Core ver 2.0 for around 30 min.

VLNS 1 Sustains seem to have an issue when releasing the notes, it plays some odd sounds, instead of the release samples. They sound like oil sizzling in a frying pan.

The legatos are a bit less buggy when using two mics, but if I use more than two mics, I still get pops-clicks. I guess I can still use it for some of its sounds, but I'm not a big fan of this library's sound, or character.

My favorite string ens. libraries these days are : CSS ver 1.7.1 , OT Berlin Strings (Which is also going to get an update), Berlin Con Sordino Strings, Pacific Strings.