There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Impact Soundworks / Tape Sculptor

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Impact Soundworks / Tape Sculptor

Post by Piet De Ridder »

"Developed by Jatin Chowdhury, who created the highly acclaimed ChowTape Model, Impact Soundworks's Tape Sculptor incorporates cutting-edge DSP that delivers unparalleled warmth, character, and nuance to your audio. Whether you're looking for just a touch of vintage-style saturation and smooth transient processing, or intense compression, modulation and distortion, the sound of Tape Sculptor is top-of-class.

In Tape Sculptor everything is available on a single screen with clear organization into modules that can be easily toggled. Naturally, you can also adjust the zoom level to suit everything from a small laptop screen to 4K displays (or larger).

Tape Sculptor's extensive suite of processing modules and settings gives you an immense amount of control and customization. Dial in subtle warmth and fatness with the Compressor and Saturation sections. Slim the signal with analog-modeled Filters. Create vintage vibes with Degrade, Loss, and Chew. Explore pitch and spatial effects using Delay, Flutter, and Wow.

Push input, saturation, and degradation settings into extreme ranges to achieve unique, powerful sound design effects that are perfect for creative experimentation and injecting new life into your audio."

- Up to 16x oversampling
- Minimum and Linear phase processing modes
- Quick A/B preset loading and comparison
- L/R and M/S processing modes
- Dynamic makeup gain
- Toggleable visualizations for even lower CPU operation
- VST3, AU, AAX, and CLAP formats

Tape Sculptor is available now for the intro price of $79 through June 9, 2023 (MSRP: $99).
Trial version is also available.

_

wst3

Re: Impact Soundworks / Tape Sculptor

Post by wst3 »

That is one heck of a demo! Even on my laptop I can hear the difference, I'll be interested in listening on real loudspeakers. I am intrigued by the flexibility.