There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Native Instruments / Evolution - Fables

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Native Instruments / Evolution - Fables

Post by Guy Rowland »

A little more traditional instrumentation-wise companion to Lores:

Personally I'd have preferred a Lores expansion with more instruments so you have it all under one roof, but it sounds very good regardless.

RRP £179, £129 until Sept £129

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Re: Native Instruments / Evolution - Fables

Post by Guy Rowland »

Just noticed that any Lores owners get a discount. In UK money it's £89, which is very good really.

I probably will wait a couple of years for the sale on Komplete 15. But if this had loaded into Lores with new patches that used both, I'd have jumped.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Re: Native Instruments / Evolution - Fables

Post by Guy Rowland »

This discount is now half price for Lores owners, so I rashly got it. Of course it's wonderful. Lighter tonally than Lores, but not uniformly so - there's still plenty of oddness. The range is staggering and for £45 it's just ridiculous (even though I'll ultimately get it again in a future Komplete).

These two are the best of these kind of products on the market imo, you can keep your scoring toolkits - these sound organic and largely eschew cliche. I love the grit and detail that's in there, and NI / Evolution make them very playable. Lores is still my favourite of the two because I love its more esoteric combinations.

It really would be amazing if one day they made a combined instrument (Lorbles?), but not expecting that to happen.