There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

ProjectSAM: The Free Orchestra 2

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

ProjectSAM: The Free Orchestra 2

Post by Guy Rowland »

One new instrument on the last Thursday of every month for 6 months, starting with Sul Tasto strings (by the looks of things) on August 31st.

No more details yet on the website.

soundbylaura

Re: ProjectSAM: The Free Orchestra 2

Post by soundbylaura »

Awesome! Can't wait.
Be an upstander.

srkrishnan

Post by srkrishnan »

Awesome

Mikeybabes

Post by Mikeybabes »

I have a massive soft spot for Project Sam.

Symphobia was my first Kontakt library and I just love how they have kept updating it and their other libraries.

Top people.

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

This is available now. Downloading!
Be an upstander.

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

Second free instrument is available: Bold Legato Brass
Be an upstander.

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

Has anyone successfully downloaded Bold Legato Brass? I've updated via Native Access but it's not showing up for me.
Be an upstander.

playz123

Post by playz123 »

soundbylaura wrote: Oct 23, 2023 11:09 am Has anyone successfully downloaded Bold Legato Brass? I've updated via Native Access but it's not showing up for me.
Yes, Bold Legato Brass was installed when it was first released and is working well in Kontakt 7 here. Just one "orchestra patch' showing the 2 instruments currently available.
Frank E. Lancaster

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

This month's instrument is a sample from the new Linage Percussion. Downloading now.
Be an upstander.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

soundbylaura wrote: Jan 31, 2024 10:58 am This month's instrument is a sample from the new Linage Percussion. Downloading now.
Wow, this is quite a freebie - not only is it a full kit, it has the full velocity range and the same grid as Pro for full mic positions. Unless I'm mistaken, this is actually better than the paid lite version for the instruments covered.

EDIT - here's the included Lineage instruments

Gran Casa 1
Snare Ensemble 1
TomTom 4
Rototom 3
Piatti 1
Suspended Cymbal 1
Kashishi
Conga Set (2 drums)

The interface info says "While this is a very small slection of the instruments and articulations found in Lineage Percussion, each key does have full sampling depth, as well as real-time microphone positioning using the center virtual stage."

So while there are obvious gaps - no single snare drum, only single toms and rototoms - this does indeed give access to the full pro mixing options (and 4 faders in Custom Mix), unlike Core.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

I love their freebies and I own one PS library. Their libraries always sound very high end, but I couldn’t possibly justify almost $400 for another percussion library. I do wish them much success.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

playz123

Post by playz123 »

Personally, I wouldn’t claim that it’s better than the core version, which I own. 😊 But I do think it’s an excellent freebie and yes, it does have some of the features of the pro version. Just my opinion, of course. One can do quite a lot with it, and it’s very generous of Project Sam to include it.
Frank E. Lancaster

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Another instrument from Lineage has been added to the Free Orchestra - the Melodic Ensemble, a "unique blend of marimba, vibraphone and celsta". Just update via Native Access.