There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Cherry Audio Korg PS-3300

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Cherry Audio Korg PS-3300

Post by Guy Rowland »

Is this one of the few remaining big synths that have never been available in VI form? I remember lusting after this in brochures, it was well out of the reach of mortals. Apparently they only made 50.

It has tempo-syncing and effects, but otherwise this is meant to be faithful feature-set wise.

$69, intro price $49.
https://cherryaudio.com/products/ps-3300

Luciano Storti

Re: Cherry Audio Korg PS-3300

Post by Luciano Storti »

Actually, unless I'm mistaken, UVI has had their sampled version out for a few years now, the UVS-3200. Got it early on and quite like it. I'll check out the Cherry Audio as I like the stuff I've bought from them so far.

Quick Off Topic: 4 other Cherry Audio Synths (including their Mercury 4; DCO-106; Eight Voice; PolyMode) available through the Humble Bundle Deal here: https://www.humblebundle.com/software/l ... warebundle
Pale Blue Dot.
Luke

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Oh good humble bundle tip, thank you. 81 cents for the PolyMode - I've had that on my radar, but I like the look of the Mercury 4 too.

I'm going to be a pedant snob and say the UVI version is sampled patches so doesn't really count as a VI.

Luciano Storti

Post by Luciano Storti »

Yes, I understand. Plus having a load of samples for a synth seems like a bit of a waste of space, but the thing sounds good and the presets are amongst the better ones I'm used to from their catalog. The only other sampled synth of theirs that I enjoy is the Synthox, based on the nearly eponymous Elka Synthex. Now that one I still lust after in hardware form, but alas, too rich for my blood.

And also not a VI.
Pale Blue Dot.
Luke