There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Viper Synths: Harmony & Robotron

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
My name is Nobody

Viper Synths: Harmony & Robotron

Post by My name is Nobody »

I couldn't see if anyone had posted these, but as I find them both interesting I thought to pass it on for another's interest when applicable. Seems, as is indicated, not a mass product but well build with good materials, and nonetheless fair priced.

https://vipersynths.com/collections/all

Guy Rowland

Re: Viper Synths: Harmony & Robotron

Post by Guy Rowland »

Hmm, though I love the name (I used to play Robotron in the arcades when I was a kid) I think the lack of any visual feedback means I don't quite see the usefulness.

Funnily enough I found this yesterday, a €399 Oberheim OB plugin controller - https://sound-force.nl/?page_id=5443 . This looks better - connected to the Arturia OP-Xa there is 2-way communication. All lights are recalled and there are different modes for what happens when you turn knobs eg they illuminate arrow lights which show the direction of travel of the loaded preset.

Better, but still not ideal. I still think the really useful synth midi control surface does not yet exist, but it would use a screen for the UI and have overlaid physical controls.

Topic author
My name is Nobody

Re: Viper Synths: Harmony & Robotron

Post by My name is Nobody »

Visual feedback on the hardware is indeed better, but not critical in my view as I will keep my eyes on the screen with the plugin to be used.

The Sound Force manufacturer is also interesting , be it very specific models for specific virtual synths .
My main aim is for use with Diva, Avenger, so I’d rather keep it more general , albeit that this also will have pros and cons.