There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

New Fangled Audio: Recirculate

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

New Fangled Audio: Recirculate

Post by Guy Rowland »

Yes, it's another "yes it's another delay but with a twist", but with a twist. As well as filters, dynamics, ducking, transient designer, distortion and reverb, what caught my ear was more unusual stuff like granular spray, pitch warp and delay tricks like upbeat echoes.

I plan to demo it tomorrow, will report back. Perhaps also worth pointing out it is half price on intro ($49 RRP $99) but there's some kind of tie-in with Eventide with extra crossgrade discounts. I logged in and found myself hypnotised by a $29 offer - press the crossgrade button https://www.newfangledaudio.com/recirculate

(It's iLok, and I think the same licensing policies as Eventide which are pretty good - 2 authorisations per license inc machine licensing).

GR Baumann

Re: New Fangled Audio: Recirculate

Post by GR Baumann »

Very interesting.

*whispers* Geeze, can't begin to tell how I dislike that *shivers...yuck* color scheme.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

I've just been giving the demo a spin (30 days). It is a good bag of tricks, but I think I'm going to pass. The UI feels quite cluttered (there are a lot of tricks) and I wasn't overly inspired as I was mucking about.

Here's the thing. So many delays now have all these other things crammed into them, and I can see the appeal - you get some great all-in-one presets. Arturia's recent EFX Refract freebie had a really good and specific take on that. However in general, I find I prefer to kinda roll my own - if I want a diffuse echo I put some kind of reverb before it in the chain. I can compress, de-ess, duck, granularise to my hearts content, all with tools I know and regularly use. So if the UI isn't really doing it for me - and this didn't - it becomes easier for me to do it piecemeal.

It's a good plugin though, and if you can get it for $29 a tempting price. It is 2 authorisations btw.

GR Baumann

Post by GR Baumann »

Exactly the same thoughts.