There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

u-he Zebralette 3: Public Beta released

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

u-he Zebralette 3: Public Beta released

Post by Guy Rowland »

Over a decade after Zebra 3 was first announced as a product-to-be, here's the first fruits of u-he's labours. As with Zebra 2, there's a cutdown version and this is the first out of the gate. It's a single oscillator synth but quite an oscillator, with a dizzying aray of modes under Wavetable and Additive unbrellas.

Here's Urs doing a walkthrough of such things:

Downloads:

Zebralette 3 Public Beta 15573 Mac
Zebralette 3 Public Beta 15573 Windows
Zebralette 3 Public Beta 15573 Linux

The beta has around 50 or so presets which give a flavour of what the synth can do. There's a few gorgeous ones in there.

There's an offical thread for feedback and progress at KVR here - https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=607153

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Re: u-he Zebralette 3: Public Beta released

Post by Guy Rowland »

Just an FYI - this is a potentially great synth but right now in Windows the AAX causes a crash on launch of Pro Tools 2023.12 in Windows.

Erik

Re: u-he Zebralette 3: Public Beta released

Post by Erik »

Had no trouble with ASIO in Cubase 10.5.
It’s VST3 only.
A CPU devoring cycles for snacks piece of code.
But I have a very old I7 and Ztt (see what I’ve done, here?) is supposed to be optimized in the for… well the fut… err, somewhere down the line.
"I'm using more black notes now and there are a lot of chords in the last album, too" Vince Clarke -1986