There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

ProjectSAM: Symphobia range half price

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

ProjectSAM: Symphobia range half price

Post by Guy Rowland »

Cor, Symphobia 1 for £160. I paid £1k and was thrilled.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... ffer-2024/

soundbylaura

Re: ProjectSAM: Symphobia range half price

Post by soundbylaura »

But not Pandora Core. IMHO, a real missed opportunity. I would have bought it.
Be an upstander.

wst3

Post by wst3 »

It took Guy a couple of tries before I took the bait and purchased Symphobia 1. I was hesitant about Symphobia 2, and again Guy whispered in my ear.

I know own all four, and I absolutely love them. It is the underlying sound of these libraries that got my attention.

I still prefer multi-sampled individual instruments, and if PS came out with such a line I'd be in financial ruin. And even so, I have (finally) learned how to use these libraries by them selves or as a sweetener.

mducharme

Post by mducharme »

I mostly use VSL Synchron libraries currently and am only mildly interested in this. I prefer working with individual sections and orchestrating everything myself instead of using these types of pre-orchestrated combo libraries, so up until now I've avoided all of the Symphobias and Albions.

If I'm using mostly (or entirely) VSL Synchron in my template (I have Synchron Duality Strings, Woodwinds, Brass, Perc, Pianos, Harp), and I prefer working with individual sections and instruments, is there any point to something like Symphobia for me?

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

mducharme wrote: Mar 13, 2024 7:27 pm I mostly use VSL Synchron libraries currently and am only mildly interested in this. I prefer working with individual sections and orchestrating everything myself instead of using these types of pre-orchestrated combo libraries, so up until now I've avoided all of the Symphobias and Albions.

If I'm using mostly (or entirely) VSL Synchron in my template (I have Synchron Duality Strings, Woodwinds, Brass, Perc, Pianos, Harp), and I prefer working with individual sections and instruments, is there any point to something like Symphobia for me?
Welcome mducharme! Probably not for you I reckon. There are a few solo legatos but most are combinations of two or three. Non-legato instruments are brass, hi strings, lo strings etc, with some orchestrated variations. So it's a quite different way of working than building everything piecemeal with individual instruments.

wst3

Post by wst3 »

I too prefer to work with individual instruments and sections. At 50% off it probably would be a good idea to dip your toe in. I use the Symphobias because nothing sounds like people playing together, and I love the room tone.

I find it useful for sketching, and for "filling in the gaps" in pieces written with other libraries. It isn;t nearly as evil as I once thought :)