There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

New iZotope Trash and free Trash Lite

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

New iZotope Trash and free Trash Lite

Post by Guy Rowland »

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/trash

Looks really nicely conceived. Pricing still not up yet it seems, will update when live.

soundbylaura

Re: New iZotope Trash and free Trash Lite

Post by soundbylaura »

$79 (reg $99). Haven't seen anything about a discount for Trash 2 owners.

Can't figure out how to get Trash Lite, but I'm not trying very hard.
Be an upstander.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

soundbylaura wrote: Mar 11, 2024 6:50 pm $79 (reg $99). Haven't seen anything about a discount for Trash 2 owners.

Oh! I just clicked and £19 for me who has Trash 2. That's below my impulse buy threshold, and I like the look of the X/Y pads to get a custom sound quickly. I'll play with it tomorrow.

Looks like Trash Lite isn't up yet, it's all appearing in dribs and drabs seemingly.

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

Guy Rowland wrote: Mar 11, 2024 7:03 pm
soundbylaura wrote: Mar 11, 2024 6:50 pm $79 (reg $99). Haven't seen anything about a discount for Trash 2 owners.

Oh! I just clicked and £19 for me who has Trash 2. That's below my impulse buy threshold, and I like the look of the X/Y pads to get a custom sound quickly. I'll play with it tomorrow.

Looks like Trash Lite isn't up yet, it's all appearing in dribs and drabs seemingly.
Ah, I have Trash 2 but I never activated it. I'll give it a couple days and see how it shakes out.
Be an upstander.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Love the new UI. So quick to get a sound from the XY pad and the three EQ regions (it couldn't be faster to tweak the frequency bands or levels).

Main gripe - wish there was a way to make auto-level a global setting, it gets trashed (!) if you change to a different preset.

It looks like the UK update price is actually the cheapest in the world - £19 vs $29 or €29. I can't recall this ever happening before with any developer. This must be the Brexit dividend we were all promised in the UK. Everything was worth it in the end.

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

Installed Trash Lite (or Trash Free, depending on who at iZotope named which file). Looks fine.

Activated old Trash 2 license. Still no upgrade price, though they'll gladly sell me an upgrade from Iris/Breaktweaker/etc for $49.

BestService has the upgrade for ~$27 USD, though I'm not really tempted.
Be an upstander.